There is a growing need to shelter seeds and seeds in a safe and sustainable manner, and without resorting to any insecticide treatment. Creator of cereal varieties and producer of seeds, ASUR Plant Breeding, from the German seed group SAATEN-UNION, has developed specific know-how in this area with the SAFET’HY® vacuum seed storage process. Already used on 6,500 T of seeds, SAFET’HY has demonstrated its performance in preserving the qualities of seeds, as well as its ability to be successfully deployed on an industrial scale.
Promote strong technical expertise in an industrial solution
The immediate interest aroused by the process and its global development prospects justify the creation of a new entity, the TAMIA PACK company, entirely dedicated to the technical and commercial development of the SAFET’HY process.
Suitable for seeds and edible seeds
TAMIA PACK offers its services to seed and agro-food players throughout France with a double option: the first is an air-vacuum conditioning service carried out on the Ronquerolles and Estrées-Saint-Denis sites (60) equipped with a proven tool for producing vacuum big-bags; the second, which is particularly innovative, is a packaging offer on customer sites using a mobile platform capable of operating throughout the country.
A light and agile structure to support development
Chaired by Guillaume de Castelbajac and having Frédéric ROUSSEAU as Managing Director, TAMIA PACK has Alain ROUILLER as Managing Director. With a long experience in agricultural supplies, he knows how it works. Recruitment is underway to complete the operational team.
Continuity of R & D effort
Heir to the know-how of ASUR Plant Breeding, TAMIA PACK will continue to benefit from the support of the teams of its Technologies department led by Jean-Benoit Sarazin, with the support of Christian Cathala, both at the origin of the SAFET’HY process.
Ongoing R&D projects aim to optimize manufacturing rates and adapt the tool to a wide range of products and industrial environments.
Results of the study conducted by Care 4U in May 2019 among 37 leaders in the world of seeds and edible seeds:
– More than half of the leaders are dissatisfied with their current method of conservation and even more are for the future,
– All are looking for sustainable solutions to fight against insects in storage while preserving germination or taste qualities,
– SAFET’HY is judged as an innovative, intelligent and attractive solution while being serious and industrial. In short,SAFET’HY is seen as a common sense solution for the future,
– 80% of the managers questioned say they are tempted by SAFET’HY and 65% already want to test the process,
– 90% encourage ASUR PB to create a specialized entity to promote SAFET’HY: birth of TAMIA Pack
– Over 75% of them want quick contact with the TAMIA Pack team.
Alain ROUILLER, Managing Director